Friday 25 March 2016

Ellie Goulding - Birmingham Barclaycard Arena

Ellie Goulding is one of those artists that has been on my list to photograph for a while. Every time that she has announced a tour I've either put a request in that was forgotten about, or I forgot to request it (whoops). Finally this year I made a point of keeping track of the date and nagging my editor at Darkus magazine, and with luck we got approved.

The great thing about shooting at much larger venues is that the lighting is most likely going to be pretty amazing, and this was no different for Ellie's show. I shot using my Nikon D7000 and 70-200mm f/2.8 lens. As there was a walkway down the middle we had to choose one side of the pit to stand on, I chose the right side (looking at the stage). Sadly she didn't walk down the walkway during our shooting time, but I don't think my 70-200mm would've helped in that situation anyway!

Here's a selection of my favourite shots. The full set can be view on Flickr here.






 
All images © Jemma Dodd Photography 

No comments:

Post a Comment