Tuesday 22 December 2015

Anavae - The Met Lounge - Peterborough


When I first moved to Peterborough apart from being away from my friends and family, and worrying about money, one of my main concerns was the lack of gigs I'd get to go to. I recognised the name of The Met Lounge so hoped there would be a few bands playing who I knew. Typically I've missed out on a few gigs that I would have liked to go to like Fort Hope, Feed The Rhino and Young Guns who played the Cresset, but I was lucky enough to see Funeral For a Friend and also Mallory Knox since being here.

A couple of weekends ago I'd heard that Anavae were playing and knew it was a show that I couldn't miss. I've been waiting to see these guys live for a while, and even though Rebecca was ill, they didn't disappoint.

This was the first show I've ever shot at The Met Lounge, and with their being no barrier or pit I was lucky that the crowd weren't rowdy so I didn't get knocked out of the way. As with all small venues us photographers can't really expect amazing lighting, but I've seen much worse and managed to shoot with flash as well. As I often feel limited shooting with a 50mm I borrowed my boyfriend's 24-70mm - I definitely need to buy one for myself!

Here are some of my favourite shots...


See the full set on Flickr

If you would like to me to shoot your gig please do get in touch! You can contact me through my website www.jemmadoddphotography.com

All images © Jemma Dodd Photography

No comments:

Post a Comment